Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Can't get the fuel pump to run with the key in the "on"

Customer Question
Can't get the fuel...

Can't get the fuel pump to run with the key in the "on" position

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Original

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2010 Accent

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accent yourself? What have you tried so far?

I put my voltmeter on the blak and green line to the pump, and no power, and turned the ignition switch on and off with no luck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Pulled the pump and wired direct to battery and it run fine

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Hyundai
3/23/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is a system automated prompt , not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok next we need to check the fuel pump relay in the underhood fuse panel, do you know where this is? Also we need a multimeter to check voltage and ground signals

I found the relay but only found continuity between the to silver posts, and nothing on the brass posts
Pulled the pump and connected it directly to the battery and it run fine.

ok on pin 3 should be power and pin 5 should be ground signal, have someone cycle key and check both