Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2013 Hyundai Genesis. It's the V6 automatic with…

Customer Question
I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 Hyundai Genesis. It's the V6 automatic with the 8-speed transmission... My question is I noticed that when you turn off traction control (ESC button) the system is not entirely disabled. The vehicle will still try to regain traction if the vehicle is quick to accelerate from a standstill. I want to know if there is some way that I can completely and fully disable the traction control and stability system. I don't like how when I accelerate quickly Panda Drive tires have a momentarily slip all power is cut from the engine to try and limit any further traction slip... Mind you this is what the ESC off. I want to build so I was a vehicle and have it consistently haul-ass and not back down. Is there something you can show me that will effectively disable traction control and vehicle stability system entirely?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it the original transmission?

CORRECTION: "Panda" >>> THE

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Genesis yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have looked online and seen a couple forums but they are very very limited and very very scarce... There's plenty for the Hyundai Genesis Coupe but I don't have the coop I had to sit in and there's not much listed about the sedan either online or YouTube. I did manage to find something though about pulling out the ESU fuse prior to starting the vehicle, disabling the ESC via the button and I would have since we be able to do what I am trying to accomplish but it's only for that run. If I were to turn the vehicle off and then back on it wouldn't work anymore even if the esu fuse was removed. Show me all the traction control system would still somehow come back into play and be functional how I don't know but it's true.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Corrections I don't have the coop I have the sedan.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Hyundai
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am very capable with my hands. I'm comfortable with doing any level of modifying electrical... I was hoping that I can maybe find a wire that goes to the ECU or something that I can cut or put on a toggle switch to effectively enable and disable the traction control and stability system.
3/22/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 month ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician