Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2016 Genesis and the battery is dead. The doors are…

Customer Question
I have a 2016...

I have a 2016 Genesis and the battery is dead. The doors are locked so the remote key fob isn’t working. How can I open the door with the emergency key? Where is the keyhole?

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

I haven’t but I know the batttery is the problem and I need to replace it. I had to jump start it the other day and thought I had left a light on etc. now I know it’s the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Genesis yourself? What have you tried so far?

No....I just need to get it to the dealership. How can I get into the car manually with the emergency key?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Hyundai
3/22/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: DSMtuner, Collision Tech replied 3 months ago
DSMtuner
DSMtuner, Collision Tech

hey there, you need to press the button/lever on teh key to remove the mechanical keyblade.

To the right of the drivers door handle is a little plastic peice (usually chrome). There is a small slot on the bottom of it to slide the mechanical into and pop the chrome plastic peice off.

now you can access the key cylinder and open your door manually.

If you have further questions just ask, if not be sure to leave a kind rating is all.

thanks.

i just wanted to check back and see if you still needed assistance? If so let me know I can walk you through whatever you need.

If not just be sure to leave a kind rating please.