Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No power to passenger door. Consistent Speakers, window,

Customer Question
Second opinion] No power...

Second opinion] No power to passenger door

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent Speakers, window, side mirror, and lock doesn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2013 Hyundai elantra gls

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've checked fuses and was told to try disconnecting battery for a little bit

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Doesn't work when I try using the driver controls either. But all other windows and locks work

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Hyundai
3/21/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Have you got a circuit tester and or multi-meter?

Hello
No I do not currently

First thing I would like you to do is check the wiring from the driver's door to the body as this door opens and closes the most there is a chance those wires flex and break inside that loom. You will have to remove the driver's small lower kick panel under the dash and disconnect the connector going to the door , then pull the wire harness out towards the door. Then open up the wire covering so you can inspect all those wires inside carefully. If you find broken ones they need to be repaired. I can walk you through repairing them if needed.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.

Hyundai Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 2 months ago

Is there anything else I can do for you? Please take the time to rate my service so we may close this thread. Thank you.