Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

No power to passenger door. Consistent Speakers, window,

Customer Question
No power to passenger...

No power to passenger door

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent Speakers, window, side mirror, and lock doesn't work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2013 Hyundai elantra gls

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've checked fuses and was told to try disconnecting battery for a little bit

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Doesn't work when I try using the driver controls either. But all other windows and locks work

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/21/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is a system automated prompt , not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Has this vehicle been wrecked? it sounds like you have a issue in the door jam, have you pulled the flex boot and checked the wiring yet?

Vehicle has not been wrecked. Previous owner did tell me the car was in a minor accident on passenger side. I have not checked wiring

ok that needs to happen next, pull the flex boot and inspect the wiring, I believe you will find your problem in there

Flex boot on passenger side?

yes the door that not working, there is a flex boot on the door that carries the wires peel that back and check the wires

Hyundai Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago

hows it coming?