Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hyundia accent 2003 brakes smoking and car wont aacerelate…

Hyundia accent 2003 brakes...

Hyundia accent 2003 brakes smoking and car wont aacerelate had the brake hoses replaced and brake calipers both side confused

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you been losing oil or coolant?

168,000. i dont know about oil but no cooland loss. i just changed the oil to the car 3 days ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accent yourself? What have you tried so far?

Mechanic fixed it and said it was my brake hoses were leaking replaced them both and the car did the same thing took the car back and he said it was the brake caliper replaced both of them yesterday car did the same thing today and i had them to tow the car back

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Im confused

3/21/2018
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
hello cliff

if you have replace the hoses and the caliper the only other thing that can cause this is the asb unit

you should have them disconnect the unit and drive the car to see if the problem go away if so replace the unit

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what is that? i dont think this car my car has that
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ABS unit for a 2003 hyundai accccent that has no air conditioner unit built in it

ok i did not know that you don't have a/c or abs

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i dont have ac dont know about abs

if oyu don't have abs then i would be looking at the brake master cylinder the plunger inside the unit is most likely stuck causing the brakes to lock up

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
okay thank you so much.

your welcome

Clifton B.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician