Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I HAVE A TERRACA 2.9 2004. IT HAS JUST HAD A RECONDITIONED…

HI I HAVE A...

HI I HAVE A TERRACA 2.9 2004. IT HAS JUST HAD A RECONDITIONED DIESEL INJECTION PUMPO FITTED. I HAVE PRIMED THE SYSTEM USING THE FUEL BULB. BUT IT WONT START.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

IT DOES NOT START.WHEN I REMOVE THE PIPE UPTO THE COMMON RAIL THE THERE IS NO FUEL COMING FROM THE PUMP. THERE IS AN ELECTRIC VALVE ON THE FUEL INLET TO THE FILTER WOULD THIS CUT OFF THE FUEL

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Hyundai?

TERRACAN 2.9 CRDI

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

IVE JUST FITTED A RECONDITIONED DIESEL INJECTION PUMP. NOW I HAVE NO FUEL FROM THIS PUMP

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

WHAT CAN STOP THE FUEL FROM LEAVING THE DIESEL INJECTION PUMP.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/21/2018
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Do you have fuel at the fuel bulb?

Is there fuel right up to the pump itself but not out of the pump?

Have you cleared out all fault codes with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
HI. YES I HAVE PRIMED USING THE FUEL BULB AND HAVE FUEL GETTING TO THE PUMP. NO FUEL COMING OUT. NO FAULTS PRESENT ON DIAGNOSIS. WHAT CAN CAUSE ¨NO FUEL EXITING FROM PUMP
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
SORRY. I SHOULD HAVE SAID. IM IN THE CANARY ISLANDS...SO PHONE CALLS DIFFICULT

No problem with the phone call.That is an automated feature the web site offers all customers.

O.k., what I have seen cause an issue like this in the past before is the remanufactured pump itself.In some cases when it is rebuilt a component is not installed properly or is rebuilt incorrectly causing no pressure.I have had to remove the new/reman pump and send it back for a replacement to resolve this fault.

Another thing is a possible air lock in the pump.Try having someone pump the primer bulb slowly while you try cranking over the engine to see if it then catches and starts from there.In allot of cases hand pumping the primer while cranking over the engine will allow any air to purge from the pump and will resolve this fault.

If this does not work at all then you will need to have the reman injection pump tested to see if it needs to be replaced again under parts warranty from the facility you purchased it from at no charge to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
HI.THATS WHAT I AM THINKING. I JUST WANTED TO BE SURE THAT THERE IS NO OTHER REASON WHY FUEL WOULD NOT EXIT THE PUMP....IS THERE ANY ELECTRONIC SYSTEM THAT CAN INHIBIT FUEL FROM COMING OUT OF THE PUMP..THE REMAN PUMP HAS TWO ELECTRONIC VALVES . COULD EITHER OF THESE STOP PUMP OUTPUT?

Some pumps have electronic valves to allow flow and one can fail but if they came with the pump I wouldn't tamper with them as this can void any warranty on the pump itself.You would need to contact the facility you received the pump from and let them know there is no pressure from the pump so you can warranty it.Even if it only needs the solenoids in the pump replaced you would need to have them o.k. sending you the solenoids/valves or a new pump to correct this here.So it is possible that the solenoids are the cause but it is also possible the pump was not built properly and needs to be replaced as well.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
FINAL QUESTION. THERE IS NO POSSIBILTY THEN THAT IT IS THE ENGINE CONTROL MODULE THAT IS CAUSING THE SOLONOIDS TO STOP FUEL FLOW FROM THE PUMP?

Usually, a code would set if the ECM sees an issue with itself or any other components.If no codes are set I don't see it as the engine control unit itself causing this issue.Make sure all fuses are o.k. as well.If these are all o.k. and with no codes set since you have no fuel from the pump itself it either has air trapped in it or is at fault internally needing to be replaced again in most cases.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
THANKS. I WILL DO THE 5 STAR RATING NOW. GOOD TALKING TO YOU. CHEERS, ***** ***** GOOD DAY

Your welcome.If you do need anything else on this come back to this post here and reply any time.If I do not respond back right away I will as soon as I can.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician