Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Got a P0014 Code on 2014 Hyundai - don't know how to replace…

Customer Question
Got a P0014 Code...

Got a P0014 Code on 2014 Hyundai - don't know how to replace it

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Hyundai. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No. Thank you

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Hyundai
3/20/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Can you tell me the model of your Hyundai as well as the engine size?

Tuscon - don' t know the engine size - this is my daughters car and inaccessible at this time
I need written instructions if possible -

There two engine available in the Tucson, one is the 2.0 and one is the 2.4 . In order to give you the correct information, I will need the correct engine size.

Would it require a mechanic to replace the part?

That depends on what the part is if in fact, it is a bad part. Need the correct engine size to determine the cause.

I will need to get that from my daughter and get it to you later today. How do I get back with you?
Are you still with me?

Yes, Im here. post back on this page when you have complete information and we can work from there.

Will do

Thank you, ***** ***** then.

Ron, the Hyundai is a 2.4
Hyundai Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 3 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Different expert here

You need to first check the resistance of the oil control valve - see attached photo of location

To do this, disconnect harness connector at the oil control valve, then use a multimeter set to ohms to check resistance between the 2 terminals on the oil control valve itself. Specification: Approx. 6.9 - 7.9Ohms at 20°C

If not within specs replace it.

IF ok, then check for cuts, breaks, chafing of wiring to it and repair as needed.

IF ok, then the CVVT actuator, which is on the camshaft end, will need to be replaced. This requires removing the timing cover and timing chain - about 5-6 hours labor to do this

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating
Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Hyundai Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 2 months ago

If you have any other questions on this, feel free to ask for more help by clicking the REPLY TO EXPERT button, otherwise please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.