Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It's a 2010, replaced the vapor canister vent valve, and…

It's a 2010, replaced...

It's a 2010, replaced the vapor canister vent valve, and still can't find gas tank, pump keeps shutting off

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Worse on gas,. starts the same

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '10 Hyundai?

2.4l l4 sonata

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced the vapor canister vent valve/solenoid

3/20/2018
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Did you or do you now have any fault codes set with this issue here?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

it is worse on gas, it is harder to start, and can't fill gas tank, pump keeps shutting off, replaced the vapor canister ven valve solenoid, because i was told that was the problem
also the codes are po449

O.k.,what can happen that I have seen several times in the past before is the vent valve can fail and causes dirty to enter the canister.The valve is replaced but the canister has become restricted and I have had to replace the canister as well to correct this issue.

I would make sure the vent lines from the fuel tank are all o.k. and if they are then I suspect the canister needs replaced as it will cause this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Which canister vent valve solenoid or charcoal?

The charcoal canister.It is most common to plug up needing replaced.

Thanks Pete

Ok
not bad, seems to know what he talking about for sure

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician