Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am trying to program a new keyless remote for my 2002

I am trying to...

I am trying to program a new keyless remote for my 2002 Hyundai Sant Fe. Where is the Auto Control module located?

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Hyundai Santa Fe. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Thnks

3/20/2018
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

From what I can see the only way to reprogram remote is with a capable scan tool, what are you trying to do at the module and why do you think you can program it without scan tool?

I bought a keylessremote exactly like theone I have.They said tofind the autocontrol switch,which is located behind the gram.middlepanelwhere the radio is located. It has an on off switch and further additional info to reprogram.
Does the $26.00 cover my phone call?

No but a phone call isn't going to help here.

I see, it sounds like a aftermarket keyless entry system so with that being said they could have mounted switch anywhere. You are just going to have to look around for aftermarket box. The most common place I've seen them installed is above the gas pedal area. If nothing there then next step would be removing the radio and looking behind it. If still can't be found I'd consider contacting a local installer of this brand to see what they recommend doing next. My goal is to provide 5 star service so please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks. If you want to give me brand of system or part number I might be able to find some information.

what do i have to do to locate the switch and is the charge $26.00 for this info? Thanks

If you look under steering wheel area you will probably be able to find switch, if not remove radio. If you want to take some pictures of up under dash for me I can help you locate it. I do not have info on what you pay but $26 sounds about right. Let me know how it goes or send me the pictures, thanks.

Do I have to remove a panel andwhere is it?

You probably don't need to remove panel, look in area directly above pedals. Take a picture for me if you aren't able to locate it. Thanks.

Thanks!

No problem, keep me updated. Thanks.

Dan, Technician