Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have replaced left front master switch and right rear

I have replaced...

I have replaced left front master switch and right rear window switch but still the windows do not work. The right front and left rear switches work.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2010 sonat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

See above

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The left front window motor clicks when the switch is pulled or pushed

3/19/2018
davehop
davehop, Auto Service Technician
Hello and welcome to JA....when the window motor clicks, that's a sure sign that the switch is operating correctly, and that the wiring to the window motor is good. Let's try tapping on the motor, or the door panel if the panel is still on the car, while you are pressing the switch. Sometimes we can get the motor to work if we give it a good smack. Try this on both of the doors that the windows are not working.
This work great on the front window after about 10 good snacks with a hammer the windows started working. Back window however still does not work
Ok....replace the front window motor....if you have a test light or a DVOM, we can check the wiring at the other motor.
Please rate my answer to your question....I only get credit for helping you when you rate my answer...if you are not satisfied with my answer or if you require any further assistance, please continue to ask questions until you are satisfied. Thank you for using JA.
davehop
davehop, Auto Service Technician