Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The windsheild fluid no longer being pumped onto the window.

The windsheild fluid no...

The windsheild fluid no longer being pumped onto the window. Wipers work. 2012 santa fe

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?

The wipers work. i can change the fuse but.....

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. I just had someone look at it at Mr Lube and he suggested a fuse. He said he could not hear the pump working when I tired it.

3/19/2018
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician

Hello I will help,

If you hear the motor running when you activate the washers the intake screen is clogged and the pump needs to be removed from the bottle to clean the screen. If no noise the pump needs to be disconnected and a test light used to see if there is power to the pump. If there is power when you activate it the pump motor has failed and needs to be replaced.

The pump is at the bottom of the bottle and secured in a grommet so it just pulls out of the bottle.

It is not a fuse if the wipers run

Let me know how I can help

Thanks

How much approx to replace the pump?

About .5 hours to test and replace and $20 for the pump. Less than $100 but each shop has different rates. Best place would be a certified independent shop to have the work done.

Please complete the rating if you have no further questions

Thanks

George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician