Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a left front turn signal issue. inside I get a steady…

Customer Question
I have a left...

I have a left front turn signal issue. inside I get a steady light outside rear fast flash. outside front nothing. left front filaments appear intact with no blackening. I switched the right and left front bulbs, the left works in the right socket, the right does not work in the left socket. the interior stays steady whether the lever is engaged or not

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

I checked the fuse box and did not see a label on the diagram under the cover is there a fuse for just the left front(all three others function) ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

Oh!! sorry 2013 elantra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Im trying to ! aside from the bulb inspection and switching right and left, and looking for a dedicated fuse. nothing. didn't really know what else to try

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I suppose not

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Hyundai
3/19/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 1 month ago
nelson freitas

Hello, and thanks for using JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I have been an Automotive Technician for over 15 years.

I will look into this for you. Does the left signal socket appear burnt or green from corrosion?

Hyundai Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 1 month ago

this does seem to be a little common with this elantra, here are a few inspections to preform if you have a multi meter.

1. Check power to turn signal bulb on the Blue/Orange wire with the key on and turn signal switch in the left position. Check constant ground to Black wire. If power and ground are ok the bulb has failed.

2. If no ground is noted check GE01, under the left headlamp by the Driver's Front Impact Sensor.

3. If no power is noted, check power is being sent out of Smart Junction box on pin 25 Blue/Orange wire of connector I/P-E. If no power is noted here, likely the Smart Junction Box has failed. If power is noted, check the wiring between Smart Junction Box and left front headlamp assembly.

I hope this helps you find your problem, if you need any further assistance or have any other questions dont hesitate to ask.

Also, can you please rate my services today, Your honest feedback is appreciated.
If you dont feel like I deserve a 5 star rating please let me know if there is anything else I can do before rating
Nelson

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No there is no corrosion or blackening on the socket. And I don’t have a volt meter
Hyundai Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 1 month ago

unfortunately the best way to check for power and ground is with a voltmeter. you could try a test light but that only checks for power and does not give you an accurate reading of the power available. You will need a volt meter to inspect this properly.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I DID view your answer AND responded to your suggestion and have gotten nothing in response
Hyundai Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 1 month ago

I am not sure if you recieved my last message about needing a volt meter, I will copy it and resend it.

Me

19 Mar 2018, 10:54 PM

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Friendly reminder. I see your second response. I understand the voltmeter But.
nelson freitas
nelson freitas
nelson freitas