Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

I cant figure out the firing order for a 2004 hyundai sante

Customer Question

i cant figure out the firing order for a 2004 hyundai sante fe 3.5lL V6
JA: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am. i am doing a tune up.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no like i said i cant figure out the spark plug wire order. when i tried to start it it doesn't stay on & it's really jumpy.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: no.
Category: Hyundai
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I see that you are looking for the firing order for this vehicle. Give me just a moment, please, to provide this information.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok thank you so much. PLEASE HELP!
Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.

Here is the firing order for this vehicle. Do you have all of the wires going to the proper plug?

Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.

You would have to. It would be hard to cross wires.

Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.

Also, you need to make sure that all of the plugs are gapped and that the gap didn't close.

Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.

Just a moment, please.

Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.

Cylinders 3 and 6 are connected, 2 and 5 are connected and 1 and 4 are connected.

Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.
If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.
Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service, as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for the answers provided. Thanks again.

Expert:  Todd M replied 8 months ago.

If you have found this information helpful, please, do not forget to rate the service. Thanks again.