Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 2018 Sonata Limited with Ultimate pkg. Today the

Customer Question
Have a 2018 Sonata...

Have a 2018 Sonata Limited with Ultimate pkg. Today the Active Lane Keep assist system stopped working. I have checked the options in teh setup menu and tried even the basic LAne departure and it shows off in the cluster display. I thave chekced everything but the icon on the speedo cluster does not light up anymore and it shows as off. I have double checked to make sure it is activated in the setup. Ther smart cruise control and braking work fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?

2.4 liter4. I have checked some fuses but am not sure which one controls the LKAS .

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata Limited yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's under warranty but was just curious if there are things that I can check first.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Dont have any more info

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/17/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: davehop, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
davehop
davehop, Auto Service Technician
Hello and welcome to JA..... Since your vehicle is under the factory warranty, they will of course repair it. The most likely cause is that one of your radar sensors is either out of calibration, or it is internally shorted. When either of those occur, the system will shut down. Just make sure that you haven't backed into anything or there are no witness marks on the rear bumper, which will also cause the system to shut down due to being Impacted.
Thanks for the quick reply, but this is the Active Lane assist that uses the Multi camera in the front windshield. The bumper is fine. The rear backup system works fine as does the Blind spot detection. This is only the ACTIVE LANE KEEP ASSIST. Do you know which fuse controls this ?
It actually uses the rear radar sensors as well. . And they are usually what fails when the system goes down. Of course the dealership will scan the system for diagnostic trouble codes....but usually the rear sensors are what cause the problem.
When the module sees a signal that it doesn't like, or understand, it shuts down the system. Other systems may still operate, but Lane assist usually shuts down.
ok thanks for the info...
No problem. Glad I could help. Please rate my answer to your question....I only get credit for helping you when you rate my answer. If you are not satisfied with my answer or if you require any further assistance, please continue to ask questions until you are satisfied. Thank you for using JA.
Any chance you know the fuse location
Not at the moment, I'm home from work and don't have access to the Hyundai website at home. But if you want, just check all the fuses in the underhood fuse box and the one inside the vehicle.
I’m sure I could have just checked all the fuses
And saved 20 bucks to begin with.I understand you were not at work but I
Assumed that the professionals that I paid to interface with
Had access to the information I don’t
think you want me to review this interaction . not a good experience
I am sorry that you feel that way. You had asked if there was anything that you can do before you brought your vehicle to the dealership for repairs, I explained what normally goes wrong and seem to not be satisfied with my answer....which by the way is basically what you were looking for. So I will opt out, hopefully another expert can provide better service to you.
I asked in my initial question (prior to routing to mechanic ) if there was information on the fuse location. I also stated that I knew the car was covered under warranty , but was simply looking to see if I could check the basics. I live over 90 minutes from the dealer. That’s it. And to this point I still don’t have that. Just a remark for me to check all the fuses... I could have got that from my know it all neighbor without having to spend 20 dollars. No matter how you roll this up. From my standpoint it’s not worth the money.