Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Need to replace rear pads and rotors on 2012 elantra with…

Customer Question
Need to replace rear...

Need to replace rear pads and rotors on 2012 elantra with 100k miles. I have all data that goes thru the process of loosing emer cable in the console to work on rear brakes. I was wondering if ther was a "mechanics short cut" method to remove the cable from the caliper other than going thru the console

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the brakes? How many miles on the car?

Coming up on 100k miles. it is a 2012 that I bought used in 2014 so I am assuming they r originals.I can hear them wyhen I back up and I have a vehicle inspection in july, si I know they need to b replaced

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. put car on jackstands., still fighting with rotor retaining screws, may have to drill off heads. looked at assembly and and noticed emer cable. that's when I looked at m alldata

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Hyundai
3/17/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 4 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you, Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you.

already done that. there is not enough slack in the cable to remove it from the actuating lever.

I have never had to loosen the adjuster at the lever. but if you need to then you need to.

hows it going?