Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

ESC light comes on intermittently and loss of power. Pull…

ESC light comes on intermittently...
ESC light comes on intermittently and loss of power. Pull over and restart the vehicle and runs fine until the next time the ESC light comes on. No code is left in the computer when scanned.
3/16/2018
Jim
Jim, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome.

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

what is your response beside you are assisting me?

Most of the times this is caused by a faulty wheel speed sensor, when the light comes on it will store a code in the computers memory, you have to access the ABS computer in order to retrieve the codes, not all scan tools can access this module, you need to have the correct software.

It is my goal to give you 5 star service, so please give me a 5 star rating before leaving the site today.

I am not fixing this myself. I need to know what t
I have taken it to two shops that have the proper scanning tools. Node code is left in the computer

Ok, you need to find a shop that has the correct scan tool software to access the abs module and retrieve the code to find the solution. Most tire stores have the proper equipment.

I have taken it to the Hyundai dealer. they have the correct tools

IF the computer is not storing a code more then likely the computer is faulty, I have never seen one of this computers go bad, so i am skeptical that the shops have the correct equipment and would suggest the dealership.

Are you reading my comments? I did take it to the dealer

I will re open your question and let another tech chime in and see if they have something different they can ad.

Is this 5 star service?
Greg
Greg, import technician
Hi .
My fellow expert has valid response to your question .
In your case you probably do have a wheel speed sensor that is intermittently failing that in some cases not store a malfunction code .
This is why we have a scan tool that has live dater .
What the dealer should do is select live date and do a good test drive
And keep an eye on the four wheel speed sensor and vehicle speed sensor .
So when the warning light comes on he may see a speed sensor drop out or show a faster or slower speed reading .
Good now that’s one option .
Next is bad tires. Wrong or different tire size. .Find a good shop that is willing to do the test for you and be willing to pay .
Next I would talk to the dealer and ask if there is any TSB for this issue .Need further advice with this issue then please get back to me .
Kind regards Greg
I will check with our mechanic to get their feedback on this response from you.

Sounds good .let me know .

Greg

Greg
Greg, import technician