Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Have a 2011 Hyundai and my reverse like won't come on when…

Hey i have a...

Hey i have a 2011 Hyundai and my reverse like won't come on when in reverse

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Hyundai?

Elantra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yeah i am . i was trying to install a backup camera something went wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?

Aftermarket

3/16/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

Automatic or manual transmission?

Automatic
No

Ok, in the fuse box inside the car, take a look at the fuse labeled TCU-1, it's possible this fuse blew while you were trying to hook the camera up. Take a look and let me know. There should be a legend on the fuse box cover.

Thanks

OK I'm checking now

Okay.

No i don't see that label

Ok, give me a few minutes to see if I can come up with a diagram of its location.

I have the a avante m16 GDI

My mistake, check the fuse box under the hood for this TCU1 fuse.

Okay found it

Ok, is this fuse blown? This would affect the reverse lights. Try changing it and see if the reverse lights come back.

Just changed it with a spare. Still not working

Ok, do you still have the camera hooked up?

Also, should be a backup fuse in the same box, labeled B/up

it is. And I only see b/up LP 10A fuse
I'm thinking it may be the wires when installing it

It is possible, but if you did something with the wires, it normally would have blown the fuse for the lights. So, check that fuse and make sure it's not blown.

Unless both the backup lights wires were cut, at least one should be working.

One was working at first now neither

Ok, well I would check that fuse, but also replace the bulbs to eliminate them as the problem.

Okay will do
I'll try that

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!

Thanks for the help

You are very welcome!

Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician