Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My airbag light came on, I am not sure if it is related to…

My airbag light came on...
My airbag light came on, I am not sure if it is related to my seatbelt (which seems to have a little extra slack in it these days). I did notice that there is a wire unplugged under my driver seat, but to be honest that wire may have always been unplugged?? My question is, should I try to plug the wire back in somewhere, if so, should I disconnect the battery first?
2004 Hyundai Santa Fe.
Thanks in advance!
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician

hi my name is ***** ***** i will be helping you today

sometimes you will have wire like this that are just there as the car do not have that part install that the wires go to this is normal

the best way to go about this is the get the air bag system scan for codes this will tell you what air bag or sensor is causing the light to be on then you can inspect and or replace the air bag or sensor as needed .

r u there ? do you have any more questions ?

i​f you have no more questions please rate the service before you go thanks .

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, thank you. I will proceed with having the code checked. Is this something a mechanic can do from their shop (as long as they have diagnostic machine) or do they need something difderent toncheck the airbag code?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok, thank you. I will proceed with having the code checked. Is this something a mechanic can do from their shop (as long as they have diagnostic machine) or do they need something different to check the airbag code?

yes any shop should that have the tool can do this

all they need is a scan tool that can read air bag system some decent shop will have that

do you have any more questions ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I think that is all the questions I have. Thank you for your help.

your welcome please rat ethe service before you go

as​ this si the only way for me to get credit thanks.

Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician

p​lease use the rating button at the top of the chat page and have a good night

Clifton B.
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Certified Technician