Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The passenger side headlamp bulb was I replaced bulb ( I…

Customer Question
The passenger side headlamp...

The passenger side headlamp bulb was blown I replaced bulb ( I checked bulb is good) but headlight does not come on Is there a fuse for this headlight bulb on passenger side

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

Both bulbs are good I cannot find any info on which fuse is for passenger side headlight of 2011 sonata or even if there is one

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

I changed both bulbs both bulbs are good so I figured the might be a bloen fuse but I cannot find any info in manual for a fuse for headlamps

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Hyundai
3/14/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 4 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

The B+4 fuse ( 60 amp ) in the E/R fuse panel is the bulb for this light.Check and see if it is blown needing replaced.The fuse panel layout is shown below.This is the fuse panel in the engine area.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h65pe6m0wx5nhbz/b-03-14.pdf?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

there is a cover over the b4 fuse You speak of in that multifuse row

Does the cover pull off at all?

I can see some fuses you speak of but there is a black plastic cover over all those fuses marked multi fuse in the schematic you sent me they are not accessable as the other fuses are I cant see any way to get to them I will send you a picture in a few

My info isnt showing me how this is removed.That cover should come off though as those fuses have to be checked and replaced when blown.Check for any catches on the sides of the cover or ends to see if there are any tabs to release to pull off that cover and see if you can gain access to them then at all.

Thanks Pete

Hello!