Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2008 V6 tiburon. Radio died. Checked fuse box, fuse ok. Are…

Customer Question
2008 V6 tiburon. Radio died...
2008 V6 tiburon. Radio died. Checked fuse box, fuse ok. Are ( no doubt ) there other fuses somewhere. Every thing else is ok. All acessarie lights etc, working
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Hyundai
3/14/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, it uses the room lamp fuse and audio fuse for power. Also if equipped with an amp the amp fuse is in the same fuse box. If all the fuses check good let me know and we can proceed further.

My goal is to provide 5 star service. Rating/accepting does not cost extra and ensures I'm credited for my time and knowledge. It also does not close your question if you have a follow up concerning this. Thank you for using Just Answer!

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Chked cabin fuses and everything looks good . Problem began suddenly no warning just no clock or radio. NEXT!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I would rather on this problem to just type. I'm 75 and trying to take of what is a minor problem. It can't be that big a problem. one day ok, next day no radio. Nothing else is affected> Everything I've read before contacting you didn't help. check fuses all OK. NEXT!

Just one minute, i'll get you the info on pulling the radio so we can check voltage at the plug.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
must I pull the radio.

Yes, that'll be the next step to verify wiring integrity from the fuses to radio to determine if it's a wiring issue or the radio is dead.

Below is how to remove it. You want to check the red and yellow wires for 12 volts and the black for continuity to ground.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I pulled the console pieces off and said forget it. the everything looked like trouble to me. So I put everything back together again. lifted the hood and there was another fuse panel with a lot of fuses. Pulled the cover off and there was a yellow box type fuse ,not like the ones inside. Yellow block type, that on the label on the on the cover said Radio. Pulled it , looked at it. put it back, was going to take it Hyundai, I pressed the radio turn on button just for GP and TA-DAAA!!! the damn thing turned on and it's working. Any way it's going great. If I have a problem after this I believe all I need to do is replace the yellow box fuse. ( I think it's a fuse. Must be. Anyway thanks for your help. Sometimes dumb luck just works or as I believe a Higher Power is watching over me . Thanks anyway.

You're welcome, Sometimes a poor fuse connection can do it. I'm glad things worked out for you!

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician