Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I believe I see a pipe hanging down in the middle under my…

I believe I see...

I believe I see a pipe hanging down in the middle under my 2006 sante ge between the front tires

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

I have not had the changed in probably 5-6 years No problems ever

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 Hyundai?

Sport

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I just noticed it... fresh off a divorce- my ex always did the car work

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so

3/13/2018
davehop
davehop, Auto Service Technician
Hello and welcome to JA....does the engine sound louder than it used to?
Not at all... I would not have noticed anything but I was walking from the grocery store (a distance) and could see it
The best way for me to figure out what it is that's hanging is that if you took a picture and upload it to the website and then I can tell you for sure exactly what is hanging is that a possibility for you to do that?
Okay
Okay that's just the heat shield for the exhaust pipe it probably is falling off because it's rusted .... You can live without it so you don't have to worry about having it reattached I would wait till the vehicle is cold and just reach under there and grab a hold of it and give it a little bit of a Twist either way it should come off the rest of the way and you shouldn't have to worry about it after that
davehop
davehop, Auto Service Technician
Thank you very much for your exceptionally quick answers.
You are very welcome. Thank You for using JA.