Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Once I get the engine started, the lose hoses, they're not…

Once I get the engine...
Once I get the engine started, the lose hoses, they're not leaking transmission fluid or any fluid, how can I fix these parts from not being lose? Where do I get new parts or what tools do I need to fix it? Thank you, you're being very helpful!!! I will definitely give you 5 stars for the helpl...Also, I didn't see the question asked about:
"OK do you know if you have signal to the starter solenoid while cranking ??
It first sarted cranking, but after the battery was charged, I could no longer get it to start, so I don't know.I just explained about my Hyundai Veloster, please can you ansewer this question?
3/13/2018
350matt
350matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

when you say the power steering hoses are loose? do you mean they are free to rotate in their socket in the pump?

as some types of hose fitting are meant to rotate as they seal on a o-ring in a socket and are held with a 'keep' plate that locates in a groove on the hose , so unless its losing fluid there's nothing to worry about

however I see that you have a 2nd issue with the car is no longer starting ?

so it cranks / turns over OK but doesn't fire up?

1st check for spark by removing one of the spark plugs and plug it back into its lead and rest it on the metal of the engine ( DO NOT hold it on place by hand) then have your assistant turn the engine over whilst you watch the plug. It should give a fat blue spark at regular intervals.

If not then check that there's power to the coil pack (at the other end of the plug lead) using a meter. If there’s 12V at the pack but no spark then check the ECU power supply (fuse and relay) and also the connections to the crankshaft speed sensor.

If this is OK then check that the injectors are being operated by the ECU, its hard to hear them ‘clicking’ with back ground noise so if you use a screwdriver like a stethoscope with one end placed against the body of the fuel injector while your assistant cranks the engine
The injectors should ‘click’ as they are cycled on and off
If you can't hear anything check the ECU power is present by measuring voltage at the fusebox and on its relay socket if OK then check the connections to the crank speed sensor and consider replacing this sensor if the wiring / connections look OK

If the car will start using a squirt of quick/ easi start into the intake then this confirms the problem is lack of fuel

Also its worth checking that the electric pump that feeds the injectors is working correctly, it should run for a few seconds then switch off when you first turn the ignition on. If you remove the filler cap to the fuel tank and listen inside while your assistant flicks the ignition you should hear it clearly
If the connections to this are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse, ideally measure the voltage at the pump and check its getting 12V.
You should be getting around 3 bar measured at the injector rail check to see if the plugs are getting wet indicating fuel is flowing – if not and the injectors are opening then there’s a problem with the pump or the filter or even the pressure regulator

Could also be incorrect fuelling due to a faulty water temp sensor. If this is the problem then the ECU will never add the 'cold start' extra fuel required if the car starts OK when warm then I 'd look into changing the sensor.

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

350matt
350matt, Engineer