Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2014 Hyundai Sonata and whenever I turn the light…

Customer Question
I have a 2014...

I have a 2014 Hyundai Sonata and whenever I turn the light knob on auto the tail lights won’t come on......

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

How do I check the connection?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven’t anything I just bought it used not too long ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That’s it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/13/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 4 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

If the tail lights work when not on auto mode then you have a n issue with the DRL module and need to replace it.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. In the process of helping you I will use sources from all different places that I feel fit and to the point that will speed up my help for you. This may include links, videos, shop notes and procedures as well as my own personal experience of over 40 yrs in the trade.