Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Fan is sporatically working. It will start if you bump it a…

Fan is sporatically working...

Fan is sporatically working. It will start if you bump it a couple of times

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

Yes and yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2007 santa fe ltd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

All I have done so far is change the cabin filter. it worked for a couple of days after doing that and now it is back to not working

3/12/2018
Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and type my reply. Thanks

This can indicate an issue with the wiring to the blower motor. I would look at the blower from under the dash and check the 2 wire connector at the blower. Make sure it's good and tight and that the plug isn't melted. If you find it's tight, tap the blower motor and see if it begins working. If it does, then it's likely the blower motor itself is shoring out internally.

Check it out and let me know.

Thanks.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.

Thank you so much!

Mike V.
Mike V., Hyundai Technician
ok I will check when I get home.

Sounds good and let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you for the rating.