Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Is this working? My turbo on my 2013 Hyundai sonata 2.0T…

Customer Question
Is this working? Mechanic's...

Is this working?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

My turbo on my 2013 Hyundai sonata 2.0T 2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I just my turbo blew

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Hyundai
3/12/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 3 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Are you looking for info on what it will cost to replace it or what causes it?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Hello?

Let me know,thanks Pete.

My turbo in my 2013 Hyundai sonata 2.0T blew I was wondering if I would need a need engine to my car because no check engine light is on? Please I need help

O.k.

Unfortunately it can be common for a turbo to fail like you see here.In most all cases all that is needed is to have the turbo replaced,the turbo oil lines flushed out, oil changed and in some cases the turbo intercooler cleaned out or replaced to resolve this issue.Usually the engine itself will be o.k.

The only way to know for sure is to have the engine checked over by a repair facility to see if there is any damage to it with it needing replaced or repaired but I suspect it will be o.k.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete