Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I can't find the 2004 Hyundai Accent fuel filter under the…

I can't find the...

I can't find the 2004 Hyundai Accent fuel filter under the back seat. The part is an In-line part

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Hyundai Accent. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Yes just location of the Filter

3/12/2018
350matt
350matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

the filter should be located under the back seat under a maintenance panel

if you look at this video it shows the filter location

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbpJEvLNz58

its then located with a pair of push fittings, where you lift the retaining clip out from the side and then pull the fitting off

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.
If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

its not there, I have the Vin if thats helpful

Hello

OK the filter should be located beneath the seat under a maintenance cover

see here

https://www.hyundaiforum.com/forum/attachments/hyundai-accent-16/729d1305991785-2005-accent-fuel-filter-pictures-2011-002.jpg this is what it looked like when I opened hatch. The part from the store is an In-line part.
did you need the vin?

Ok

in that case there's no in-line filter for yours

there will only be a 'rock catcher' gauze in the tank

so its worth pulling the pump out to check that

350matt
350matt, Engineer