Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I can be driving it and its like you take you foot off the…

Customer Question
I can be driving...

I can be driving it and its like you take you foot off the gas. i can let off of it and push it again and it will take back off sometimes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Not much difference in the gas mileage, but it starts good. oh yea the brake lights come on sometimes when its parked and run the battery dead

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes id like to fix it myself, but i havent tried anything yet. hoping to find somewhere to start

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Hyundai
3/10/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: davehop, Auto Service Technician replied 1 month ago
davehop
davehop, Auto Service Technician
Hello and welcome to JA...what is the model of your Hyundai?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
2011
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The traction control light comes on a lot too
Hyundai Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

You opted out the person helping, preventing him from replying to you.

There are many possible causes for each of the issues you've described but all of them may be happening because of a bad brake switch. If it sees the brake and throttle pressed for a long enough period then engine RPM's will drop for safety reasons.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool to see what fault codes are setting. Have you read the codes?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Not yet. But when I'm driving at a set speed, even if cruise is set, it acts like you've taken your foot off the gas pedal. The RPM's will fall all the way to 0. But you can let off and press it again and most of the time it will take back off
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
But I had planned on getting it hooked up to a code reader today if possible

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes have set and then testing can be done from there accordingly.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician