Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

09 sonata keeps blowing ecm fuse, no blower\ blower works…

Customer Question
09 sonata keeps blowing...

09 sonata keeps blowing ecm fuse, no blower\ blower works fine it was tested new resistor put in today, still nothing the heat controls are manual, I removed all the panels and the control module on the dash looks normal... all other buttons illuminate and seem to work fine but no blower I suspect I have a short? But not sure what ecm powersr

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Yes. Can't find anything in the manual about the ecm fuse its in the interior panel the 40 amp blower fuse thats in the engine block is also tested fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sonata yourself? What have you tried so far?

A little background: put a new battery in last fall, and was given a 24R battery with poles on opposite sides so I accidentally installed it backwards! big oops damaged several components but fixed almost everything with new fuses just put a new alternator in, because that was bad and also put a new 150 amp main fusible link in because it was blown now there are no indicator lights on the dash and the charging system works fine, radio works, rear defrost and power windows are working again... but that blower! so, I had the blower tested. It works. So I removed the relay and inspected it and it looks fine. Replaced the resistor today, but still nothing. Finally, I decided to inspect the control panel in the centre console myself (the three knobs) and upon inspection it all looks as it should.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything... I got this far myself but could use some expert advice thanks!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/10/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Amedee, Hyundai Technician replied 4 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Hyundai Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

Are you looking for some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

Hello, I took my car to a licensed mechanic and found the culprit. It was a relay connected to the motor blower which caused the fuse to repeatedly fail. New part will be in Monday should be an easy repair I'll let you know if I have more questions.

Sounds good, glad to hear it!