Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My Hyundai veracruse moon roof won close or even open at…

My Hyundai veracruse moon...

My Hyundai veracruse moon roof won close or even open at all

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

11

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes trying ha just using the controls

3/7/2018
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you ,I will Try to Help you with This Issue

First lets check FUSE #S/P ROOF A 15 AMP IN THE I/P FUSE BOX

CLICK ON LINK TO VIEW THE CIRCUIT WIRING DIAGRAM OF THE SUNROOF TOP WE NEED TO CHECK AND ROOF PARTS LOCATIONS

Please Let Me Know if you can view pdf file and we go from there

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
done replaced fuse it will vent up and down but wont close all the way can I close it manualy

is there anything in its way ,look at the tracks

i want u to slide back and hold the switch for 10 seconds will it is opened all the way and try closing again

let me know if it works or fuse blows again or not ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
car is not here at the present wife drove to work

reset

Removal and Replacement

Replacement

1. Disconnect the negative (-) battery terminal.
2. Remove the overhead console then remove the sun roof motor mounting screws (3EA). And then remove the sunroof motor (A) after disconnecting the connector (10 Pin).

Zoom/Print

3. Ground the terminals as below table, and check that the sunroof unit operates as below table.

Zoom/Print

4. Make these input tests at the connector
if any test indicates a problem, find and correct the cause, then recheck the system.
If all the input tests prove OK, the sunroof motor must be faulty; replace it.

Resetting The Sunroof
Whenever the vehicle battery is disconnected or discharged, or you use the emergency handle to operate the sunroof, you have to reset your sunroof system as follows :
1. Turn the ignition key to the ON position and then close the sunroof completely.
2. Release the sunroof control lever.
3. Press and hold the CLOSE button for more than 10 seconds until the sunroof closed and it has moved slightly.
4. Release the sunroof control lever.
5. Press and hold the CLOSE button once again within 5 seconds until the sunroof do as follows;
A. Tilt -> Slide Open -> Slide Close
Then release the lever.
6. Reset procedure of panorama system is finished.

no worries , read below how to get back in touch if you need follow up questions

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May receive My my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciated

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite Expert

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You?Chad Farhat?ASE Certified Technician

click on ,ink to view reset, over head protection and how motor operates in case of obstruction

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
are you there

yes i m here

if you have question go ahead ,i will try to answer it

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat