Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Horn beeps now and then when I turn the car off and walk…

Customer Question
Horn beeps now and...

Horn beeps now and then when I turn the car off and walk away

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2014 Santa Fe sport

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. Looked in manual. Found no help

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/7/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Greg, import technician replied 4 months ago
Greg
Greg, import technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Depending on the setting in the cars security system ?

Some setting are set for you for when you lock the doors and walk away will sound a beep or two beeps to

let you know the doors have locked and alarm has activated , this is normal .

This you can change with diagnostic tools that a certified Hyundai shop or dealer can adjust or change for you.

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg

The problem is a random beeping after the car is turned off. It can begin 15-30 minutes after the car has been turned off. It is not as loud as the normal horn sound

Okay good this sounds like a malfunction of the system.

All i can suggest is you get hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and check for malfunction codes in the Immo system.

could be a faulty door switch causing you this issue but the diagnostic scan will confirm you your problem

Rgds Greg