Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

It says the tailgate is open. the back door does close, but…

Customer Question
Second opinion] it says the...
Second opinion] it says the tailgate is open. the back door does close, but the latch isnt hooking on to the hook on the bottom of the trunkJA: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?Customer: i dont think thats the issueJA: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?Customer: 2015 santa fe sportJA: Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: well someone replaced the tailgate windowJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: the window was replaced. we think is has to do with the placement of the censor the guy had to leave, but hes going to come back to fix it
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/7/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Greg, import technician replied 4 months ago
Greg
Greg, import technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

You said the tail gate will not catch on to the latch and will not close ,hook up tight .

If this is the case then the tail gate latch just needs adjusting when the guy comes back have him check this for you .

He can check the system with his scan tool in live data ,will show if the sensor is closed or open if the window or hatch .

The hatch has a two position safety latch , it may in some cases just latch to the first ,this you can check by pushing and pulling on the hatch if it moves back and forth an ich its not catching to the second catch .Adjustment needed .

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg

He is coming by today, and ill advise him of your suggestion.

Okay good keep me updated .

Thank you .

Greg

My worry with this guy is that he only knows how to change windows. I don't think he knows what he did to cause this malfunction. He thinks he just placed the censor in the wrong direction, and he would probably say he didn't touch the latch in any way (that would require adjustment) but can that occur when taking off the tailgate panel to change the window?

Okay when the hatch is closed can you move the hatch back and forth can you feel the door is not tightly closed .