Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2012 Veloster Pull over when safe and Protection mode

Customer Question
2012 Veloster Pull over...

2012 Veloster Pull over when safe and Protection mode enabled...

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Veloster yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just replaced the transmission and it drives OK and their are no check engine codes...

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or ...orscan tool?

No codes at all

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Hyundai Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have never done anything to a hyundai before... but I thought I could do a simple trans swap and the transmission swap went pretty good ... everything slipped right in and bolted up good... Just not sure if the flywheel should have been replaced too??? and
It acted a little weird when I first shifted into gear with the new trans.
I was just guessing it going through some sort of learn cycle?Then I took it for a ride and it drove ok...

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Hyundai
3/7/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Greg, import technician replied 1 month ago
Greg
Greg, import technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Looks like you are going into limp mode .

You need a dealer level scan tool to check for transmission malfunction codes .

But good to know you have replaced the transmission as the transmission will have to be reprogrammed .

Just replacing and thinking a plug in and drive is not going to work ,this is why you are going into limp mode .

After replacing a transaxle reprogramming the PCM/TCM, to improve shift quality, a procedure must be followed to reset and relearn the adaptive learning.

Have this done but first check for malfunction codes and clear then before the adaptive learning.

Record the codes ,test drive if codes come back procede with codes and get back to me if needed.

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg

Greg
Greg
Greg, import technician