Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2013 elantra, stop working steering wheel butens and horn.

Hello. 2013 elantra, stop...

Hello. 2013 elantra, stop working steering wheel butens and horn. Do you have any ideas about this? Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the car been driving lately?

Car stood for 9 months

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I do my self. Check the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

My english not good

3/1/2018
K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, is the airbag or SRS light on as well?

Airbag

Thanks, ***** ***** the clock spring in the steering column is bad. You'll need to disconnect battery for 5 minutes to allow air bags to disarm then remove steering wheel and then clock spring unit.

My Goal is to provide 5 star service. If my answer has helped you please help me by rating/accepting. It does not cost any extra nor does it close your question. Follow up questions concerning your original question are always free even after rating/accepting.Thanks for using Just Answer!

What color is horn wire on steering colon?

It is white going into the clock spring. I'll post the diagram below

I touched all wires on white plug on steering wheel with test light- no sound

You may want to check the horn fuse as it may be shorted and blown. Also try a jumper wire vs the test light.

Fuse it’s good, I don’t have negative plus on the horn relay

i'm not following on the comment of negative plus on the relay. There should be two terminals with power in the relay cavity, then one wire to the horn and a ground that the horn button provides.

Horn button side. Looks like white wire shorted somewhere. Okay, thank you very much for you helping. Good bye

You're welcome, glad I could help

K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician