Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Hyundai elantra 1996 wagon its like its has a ind of its own…

Customer Question
Hyundai elantra 1996 wagon...

Hyundai elantra 1996 wagon its like its has a ind of its own possessed or something while diving it the wipers come on by them self and it dies when in gear and wont shift and the radio turns off and on by its self and volume on radio turns its self up the car is scary lol

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

What the brake switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to found out if its worth fixing or not

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 2 days by:
2/9/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 2 months ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I would check for any shorted wiring in the dash area with these issues here.If there is any shorted wiring this can cause a fault like this and the wiring would need to be repaired to resolve this fault.I have seen shorted dash wiring in the past before cause this type of fault here.If this is or was checked already and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician