Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Yesterday the alarm in my 2016 Hyundai Elantra came on

Yesterday the alarm in...

Yesterday the alarm in my 2016 Hyundai Elantra came on randomly also earlier in the day I noted the drivers side window doesn't open

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?

Do not know how to check the fuses Or how do I know if the battery is fully charged Have the var services regularly not due for 2000 thousand more miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

It just happened yesterday last night I left the car unlocked and the alarm didn't go off then

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How do I stop the alarm when it goes of and is the two problems connected?

How much longer before I will get an answer
I sent this question 7'hours ago should have an answer by now !!!
Answered in 1 day by:
1/17/2018
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This is usually a fault with the door latch sending a false signal indicating the door is locked but open at the same time.This causes the alarm to go off.The other issue can be broken or damaged wiring in the door itself or leading to the door from the body.If the wiring is broken or damaged this can cause the alarm to go off as well as the window to not operate.This will need to be checked into further to then locate the cause of the fault and from there then repaired to resolve this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Thank you for your response Just one one question Are you saying that the window not opening and the alarm going off could be part of the same problem ? Thank you I happy with your answer I just think it took too long before I got a response Which isn't your fault !

Your welcome

Yes for sure, if there is wiring damage in the door or leading to the door this can cause both of these issues here.If these issues started about the same time most likely this is the cause and the wiring needs checked.I do apologize for the delay in response and posted as soon as I saw your question myself.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician