Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

I have a 2011 Elantra 1.8L (Australia). Do you know if teh…

I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 Elantra 1.8L (Australia). Do you know if teh labour time to replace the steering coupler is the same as the 2.0L 2009 model? I have been quoted 4hr by my local Hyundai service centre and I am concerned this is a ripp-off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids?

Not yet. Will do, but all symptoms fit the description of coupler failure.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not myself - I am still wanting to chase Elantra Australia to cover it even though I am just out of warranty period.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just that I want some knowledge to come back to the service centre to make sure I don't end up paying too much.

Mechanic's Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Details?

1/14/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am showing 0.8 hour

2011 Hyundai Elantra L4-1.8L

Parts and Labor

Vehicle Steering and Suspension Steering Steering Shaft Coupler Steering Shaft Coupler

Labor Information Skill Level Mfg. Warranty Standard

Replace

Coupling, R&R 0.8

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate pop up rating page. Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you for that. Will take it to the Hyundai service centre. ��

You are welcome and have a safe 2018

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do you think there could be a significant difference between US and Australian Elantras? I contacted another dealer and they also said 4hr to replace coupler. Further research suggests the US Elantra is made or assembled in US. Not sure where ours is made/assembled, but not in Australia. I DO know ours is RH drive rather than LH drive.

HI,

Let me see if I can find directions to both lhd and rhd to see why there would be any labor difference

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager