Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2011 Elantra 1.8L (Australia). Do you know if teh…

I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 Elantra 1.8L (Australia). Do you know if teh labour time to replace the steering coupler is the same as the 2.0L 2009 model? I have been quoted 4hr by my local Hyundai service centre and I am concerned this is a ripp-off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids?

Not yet. Will do, but all symptoms fit the description of coupler failure.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not myself - I am still wanting to chase Elantra Australia to cover it even though I am just out of warranty period.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just that I want some knowledge to come back to the service centre to make sure I don't end up paying too much.

Mechanic's Assistant: JustAnswer requires a modest payment. You'll see the amount on the next page. It's way less expensive than face-to-face would cost. And you're covered by our 100% satisfaction guarantee.

Details?

1/14/2018
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am showing 0.8 hour

2011 Hyundai Elantra L4-1.8L

Parts and Labor

Vehicle Steering and Suspension Steering Steering Shaft Coupler Steering Shaft Coupler

Labor Information Skill Level Mfg. Warranty Standard

Replace

Coupling, R&R 0.8

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate pop up rating page. Thank you

Thank you for that. Will take it to the Hyundai service centre. ��

You are welcome and have a safe 2018

Do you think there could be a significant difference between US and Australian Elantras? I contacted another dealer and they also said 4hr to replace coupler. Further research suggests the US Elantra is made or assembled in US. Not sure where ours is made/assembled, but not in Australia. I DO know ours is RH drive rather than LH drive.

HI,

Let me see if I can find directions to both lhd and rhd to see why there would be any labor difference

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager