Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have change the steering coupling and the power steering…

Customer Question
I have change the...

I have change the steering coupling and the power steering light is on and is very hard to steer.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was the fluid last checked? Have you heard any whining noises while turning the wheel?

Yes.. that's why I change the coupling

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2011 se

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. and I disconnect the battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Please help need to go to work tomorrow

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Hyundai
1/14/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: tech0405, Technician replied 4 months ago
tech0405
tech0405, Technician

Ok you have a electronic steering rack this is why the light is on you will need to use a capable scan tool to reset the steering stops and the angle sensors for the steering to work correctly you have to have the basic settings reset in the steering rack for the rack to start working properly since its a electronic one . i hope this helps please dont forget to provide feedback for the help provided hank you

tech0405
tech0405
tech0405, Technician