Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2013 hyundai santa fe...my husband tried to pull…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a 2013 hyundai santa fe...my husband tried to pull into our driveway and he got stuck in the snow. he tried to get un-stuck, but then the engine shut off and the EPS and MIL lights came on. now the car won't turn on. help!

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

No I dont

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Hyundai Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your Santa Fe yourself? What have you tried so far?

Shutting it off and turning it back on, the brake is stiff and can't be pushed is that why the start button won't work? the battery comes on just fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It's 5 degrees out and it's half in the street

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Hyundai
1/13/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 4 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

he tried to get un-stuck I believe the issue lies there. What was he doing to try and get it out?

Do you have access to the scan tool to see if there are codes?

basically trying to rock it out back and forth. nope, no scan tool.

Doing this can damage the driveline and transaxle and engine. He may have gotten the engine or trans to hot. There is not a lot we can do or figure out without a way to diagnose. I recommend you try a reset to see if that helps. Remove both battery cables and hold them together for one minute, then 15 minutes later reconnect them to the battery and try to start. Let me know those results.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician