Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Got 2007 sonata 3.3 v6, had to do timing chain tensioners,

Customer Question
Got 2007 sonata 3.3...

Got 2007 sonata 3.3 v6, had to do timing chain tensioners, now will not stay running right . all sesors, vac, etc are good, need ecm flash, but can't drive it in to dealer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No, just rying to figure out least expensive method to get computer right.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/9/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So it was running fine before the tensioners?

running good before according to previous owner. I got it, fixed it, got running only with wide open throttle.
Got codes, replaced MAP sensor and throttle position sensor, now just accelerator (perfect shape) circuit codes and the 121b manufacturers code. TSB 10-FL-002 says flash needed for hard cold start and rough idle..
I can get it running at very fast idle with partial throttle, but the computer shuts it off after about 20-30 seconds and gives throttle circuit code and forced stop, and 161b code.

this one I think will require a little more than I know about this system ill open it back up to the other techs for assistance

Ok, thanks. By the way, I mis-typed the 121b code above, it's always been that P 161b manufacturers code that keeps popping up- Started and wiped codes a bunch of times