Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car stuck in neutral, key stuck in ignition can't shift to…

Customer Question
Car stuck in neutral...

Car stuck in neutral, key stuck in ignition can't shift to park to get the key out

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Key is fine, didn't try the steering wheel

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well I fixed it. But the battery is dead

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, I just need to get the battery charged

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Hyundai
1/9/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Any auto parts store will do a free charge and check of the battery of you can get it up there