Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Engine is misfiring. 135000. 2004 GT V6 It misfires on idle…

Customer Question
Engine is misfiring Mechanic's...

Engine is misfiring

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it a steady misfire? Or random?

135000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2004 GT V6 It misfires on idle and misfires under 2k rpm It misfires when I give too much gas as well..

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your GT yourself? What have you tried so far?

I haven't tried anything, just used the injector cleaner.. I will take it to a mechanic

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I get no check engine light..

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Hyundai
It has been a rainy season problem and it always went away after 15mins.
It seems a little worse than before as the problem doesn't go away after 15 mins ( like it used to ). It now appears every now and then, when the load gets higher. Now when I'm cruising in 4th gear, if i happen to give more gas I get a series of misfires. If i gas up gradually, then i won't have any misfires. But If i come back to 2nd or first gear, it would misfire until like 2k rpm before its better.
1/9/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Amedee, Hyundai Technician replied 3 months ago
Amedee
Amedee, Hyundai Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you.

Can you list all of the things that have been replaced for this condition up to this point?

Are you looking for some possible causes?

Would you be willing to speak on the phone?

George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician