Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2009 Hyundai i10 engine does not get warm want to install…

Customer Question
My 2009 Hyundai i10...

My 2009 Hyundai i10 engine does not get warm want to install new thermostad

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Its automatic about 80k miles

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '09 Hyundai?

I10

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried to locate where the thermostat is

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Maybe other reason why engine does not warm up

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Hyundai
1/8/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

An engine not getting to operating temp will be due toe thermostat stuck open or the cooling fan is always blowing when not needed.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Well the cooling fan is not blowing i suspected the thermostat all along , where is the thermostat located and how do i replace it ?

I just noticed this is not an American model and that is all I have the diagrams for. On most vehicles, the thermostat is where the upper radiator hose connects to the engine. If that is not where your thermostat is then I will need to opt out.

Could you please redirect me to someone who knows that Hyundai is not American

Opting out now