Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

NRMA replaced battery for the first time of purchase. We…

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, NRMA replaced...

Hi Pearl, NRMA replaced battery for the first time of purchase. We found shortly after that driver's window did not open. Cheers Karen

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

NRMA tested the new battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

Ix35 Hyundai highlander 2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?

No we haven't tried anything.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also left front passenger window goes down but driver has to close it.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Hyundai
1/6/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Greg, import technician replied 1 month ago
Greg
Greg, import technician

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi Karen .

Disconnect the battery and touch the two cables together for a few seconds then reconnect the two battery cables .

With the remote lock then unlock the doors .

Sit in start engine and retry the windows .

Sometimes the system can fail due to a bad battery .

If still having problems then please get back to me .

Rgds Greg

Greg
Greg
Greg, import technician