Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

I have no heat anymore. The fan is working, but heat doesn't…

Customer Question
Hello. I have no...

Hello. I have no heat anymore. The fan is working, but heat doesn't 2008 Hyundai Veracruz

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?

How do I check if the thermostat is working?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Veracruz yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'd like to fix it myself yes. Haven't tried anything other than last night putting it in the garage instead of my regular vehicle. It's been cold here in Ontario Canada the last few weeks!

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that should be good.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Hyundai
1/5/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 month ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Locate the heater core hoses running to the heater core itself under the hood.These will be two small hoses leading to the firewall.With the engine fully warmed up and the heater on high heat touch both hoses.They should both be hot or very warm to the touch and the same temp feel.If one is hot and the other is allot cooler this indicates the heater core itself is restricted and needs either flushed out or replaced.

If they are both hot to the touch then this can indicate that the temperature actuator has failed on the heater box itself and is not switching from cold to hot and is causing this needing replaced.

These are the two main causes for this issue here.The other cause is low on coolant will cause air to enter the heater core causing this fault.

These need to be checked into to locate which component is at fault then from there it can be repaired to resolve this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Looks like my coolant is low or non-existent. I'll try that and if it doesn't work will get back to you for sure. Trying to drive the car into the ground! Appreciate it!

If the coolant is low then there is a leak and you would need to have the cooling system tested to locate the leak then the leak repaired and coolant refilled to correct this fault.You can refill it now but it will leak out again at some point without repairing the leak.Low coolant does cause air to enter the heater causing this fault here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time, this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5-star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician