Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My car was struck in a snow bank i got it out by rocking it…

Customer Question
My car was struck...

My car was struck in a snow bank i got it out by rocking it forward then reverse...now when i put it in reverse the wheels wont move but the rpms go up but the car wont move

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

The car has 40 thousand mile and runs in great conditon

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2010 hyandu elantra

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing its very late dark and cold i was going to wait till morning

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It just seems wierd i want to know if it may have something to do with the extreme weather conditions

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Hyundai
1/5/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 6 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

I believe I have bad news for you. When rocking a car like you did you are applying throttle and force to the clutches in the transmission before they are fully engaged and this causes them to slip and slip to the point the friction material is burnt off or until there is so much heat the piston seals fail. Most likely you are looking at needing to have your transaxle overhauled now. At the least it may be a broken spring or stuck valve in the valve body and no pressure can now get to the reverse clutch.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5-star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris