Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Where does the power steering fluid go, the interior lights…

Customer Question
Where does the power...

Where does the power steering fluid go

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Hyundai. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

The interior lights are flashing, the radio won't come on, and power is being drained when I turn the steering wheel

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Hyundai
1/4/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: 350matt, Engineer replied 7 months ago
350matt
350matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

can you tell me what year and model your hyundai is please?

2007 elantra

the power steering reservoir is located at the back of the engine bay

see this video

https://www.carcarekiosk.com/video/2005_Hyundai_Elantra_GLS_2.0L_4_Cyl._Sedan_(4_Door)/power_steering_fluid/add_fluid

as to why the interior lights are flashing I'd say to check that the battery connections are bright and tight and also check the condition of the high power ( 25A+) fuses in the engine bay fusebox

Also check that the alternator is actually charging the battery in the car by taking a battery voltage reading with the engine off then another with the engine running. The 2nd reading should be higher than the 1st and climbing steadily. And also check that the alternator is secure to the engine as this provides the ground for the charging circuit and make sure that the engine / gearbox earth strap is secure and the contacts are clean and bright.

if the alternator appears not to be working - take it to a electrical specialist and ask them to test it as sometimes you can replace just the diode pack and this will repair the alternator without requiring replacement

And one last thing is – how old is the battery? – As even good quality ones need replacing every 5 years and faulty battery just won’t hold a charge

My goal is to give you the best advice that I can and I hope that I've helped today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting from the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave. If you need more help, use the reply box to let me know.

If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies

Thanks Matt

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt