Hyundai

Hyundai Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Hyundai

Cooling fan runs all the time regardless of engine

Customer Question
Cooling fan runs all...

Cooling fan runs all the time regardless of engine temparature

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the coolant level?

291,000 yes the coolant level is ok

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

2005 elantra gt

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra GT yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just checked the fan relay all seems ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/4/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 1 month ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka-Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am a user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS are automatically offered by the website. I or another may take the call if you request one.
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box on the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Does this occur with the climate control off as well?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it does
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
it happens with the ac control off

Is one fan running or both?

If just one, what are the wire colors to that fan?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
both fans are running
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
they run when the ac is off as well

Do you have a scan tool to see the PCMs signal from the engine coolant temp sensor?

Hello, Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

George H.
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician