Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2012 Elantra will "choke" when you take you foot off the…

Customer Question
My 2012 Elantra will...

My 2012 Elantra will "choke" when you take you foot off the pedal and sometimes even a little when just driving. Any thoughts?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Elantra yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm taking it in to be looked at. Ive read it could be anything from dirty throttle cable to MAF sensor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the engine stall right after starting? And what about hesitation or jerking during acceleration?

Ive never had trouble starting the car. It stalls usually when driving 30-40 miles an hour, when you take your foot off the gas. Sometimes you can feel it when just driving at a normal speed, but not as often. Usually when I give it gas it then goes, but just so strange! The car has never actulally died, but it seems to be happening a little more--been going on for the past 6-7 months, maybe longer.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Hyundai
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/2/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 7 months ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.