Hyundai

Hyundai repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

How hard to change freeze plug. 350l2005. Xg 350l 2005. Back…

Customer Question
How hard to change...

How hard to change freeze plug

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Hyundai?

350l2005

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Hyundai?

Xg 350l 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes back one

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Some one told me I hab to take fronf end

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Hyundai
1/2/2018
Hyundai Mechanic: George H., Hyundai Technician replied 6 months ago
George H.
George H., Hyundai Technician

Hello I will help,

You say it is a plug on the back that is leaking? That will require removing the exhaust manifold and probably the subframe and steering rack to gain access. You need to be able to hang the engine from above to do that. Quite a job if you don't have a lift and engine support tool.